A collaborative platform allows you, as a lawyer. To interact and work with your internal or external clients in a secure online environment. Know the reasons to implement it.
Have you ever worked with a collaborative platform? Even if you didn’t, you might soon be, especially now, working remotely. Many clients wanted to avoid going to the attorney’s office for meetings.
But what exactly is a collaborative platform? A collaborative platform is a software that allows you to interact in more basic terms. Work with your internal or external clients in a secure online environment. As long as the customer has Internet access, they can log into the collaborative platform. So that instantly share and review documents and send messages, among many other tasks. And you can do the same.
For many law firms or corporate legal departments. They use collaborative platforms are now the ideal solution to work and communicate with clients and work teams. It allows everyone to review things in their own time, wherever they are. While the benefits of using collaborative platforms are almost endless, some are more important than others.
1. Collaborative platforms make communication between lawyer, client, and team more accessible and more secure:
When a client needs to contact his attorney, what does he do? Email you? Do you call the reception of the study? What about the attorney’s hotline or cell phone? In some cases, a client will try every one of these options. And the professional will have to respond to each of them, wasting valuable time in the process. Something similar happens with corporate lawyers, external firms, and internal clients of the company.
A collaborative platform can solve this problem by creating a private location for lawyers to communicate with whomever they need. This offers many advantages:
- More secure than email: The best collaborative platforms provide excellent security for communications between the lawyer and his interlocutors. And shared documents also. Sometimes emails can be hacked. Even if you take great care to protect your studio or company email accounts. There is no guarantee that your clients are doing the same. With secure collaborative platforms, communications are encrypted and protected at both ends.
- Faster and easier communication: With a centralized location, collaborative platforms make things simple. Because attorneys no longer have to monitor multiple communication methods (egg, email, cell phone, hotline, voicemail). And keeping everything in one place means better responsiveness.
- Better Client and Team Experience: Clients don’t have to guess the best way to contact their attorney. When using collaborative platforms. They send a message, and the lawyer responds in the same place. They no more missed calls trying to communicate. The work teams of the company. Involved with different cases or projects find all the information and can have traceability. The progress in a single place.
In short, collaborative platforms are a win-win proposition.
But if you are concerned about the technical expertise required to create a collaborative platform, rest assured. There are enterprise-grade solutions available that include straightforward-to-use options. They’re ready to go out of the box. Which means you don’t need an engineering degree or coding experience to start taking advantage of them.
2. Secure platforms are the new “secretary” for lawyers:
Suppose the COVID-19 pandemic has left anything to law firms. Physical office facilities and sophisticated reception rooms are not as necessary as they used to be. Clients don’t want to go to the office for every meeting. They long for the simplicity that collaborative platforms and other online solutions provide. And if customers think you’re lagging or behind in technology, they may think twice about doing business with you. A similar situation happens with the legal departments of companies. Since the pandemic makes face-to-face meetings with those involved in the various tasks, the corporate lawyer must take care of them.
However, as lawyers’ relationships with their interlocutors rapidly progress online. It would be best to be sure that your collaborative platform looks professional. Thereby fostering a level of trust and competence. Ultimately, your collaborative platform may be the primary location where everyone interacts with you and your company or studio. Essentially making it your new “front desk.” So it better looks good.
3. The platform simplify the interrelationships of the lawyer:
With collaborative platforms, you can easily share documents and files with your clients, teams, and they in turn with you. You can also discuss the documents and immediately share your thoughts or concerns through the platform’s communication. Some collaborative platforms even allow you to edit documents and create new versions that everyone can see immediately.
You no longer need to schedule phone calls and meetings to discuss each case in detail. You can do it all on the collaborative platform. Simplify and streamline the collaboration process concretely and straightforwardly.
4. Access to the platform is available 24 hours a day:
And speaking of collaboration, everyone can interact at the time that suits them best, 24 hours a day. Whether at 02:00 in the morning, or 02:00 in the afternoon, or at any time of the day. Those involved can access, review and provide comments on any documents related to their case.
Choose the best option for your law:
Firm or department. Realizing the need for a collaborative platform is the most accessible stage. Now comes the hard part: figuring out how to do it.
Given all the available solutions today, there are certainly many options, including secure collaborative platforms. Your main concern should be finding the solution that best suits the specific needs of your performance area. Making the right decision can significantly improve communications between attorneys and their clients and teams and increase efficiency. To analyze it well before making the decision.